Friday 15 April 2011

La belle France...well, sort of


Firstly, I saw a cockerel. What else did you expect? Secondly, yet again canals prove themselves to be the cyclist's friend. Such is there flatness, straightness and gently lulling scenery that I found myself in Nouvelles something or other. It's just outside Lens and I'm parked in a motorway hotel complex. It's all very glamourous.

Anyway, because I'm knackered, I shall keep this post short. The image you see contains a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (I know, amazing isn't it) and your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to tell me what it is. I shall give you two clues. It is in Aire sur la Lys (Hair on the lips) and it is not the man wearing the flat cap.

More tomorrow, I promise, when I shall tell you what happens when you leave your luggage unattended five minutes before your Eurostar departure AND you haven't even got your ticket yet. As a little teaser, you will not be a very popular man.

No comments: